Monday, December 10, 2007

Cut the Hair, Not the Ears

So Friday was a normal work day, nothing particularly special. Just sitting at my desk either dialing or typing away trying to do my job. Then I got a fantastic an unexpected e-mail from my wife containing these pictures!

That's right, Jenelle got her first professional haircut! We've cut her bangs a tiny bit before, but with all the squirming and screaming we were lucky to have not cut anything else. Alisha decided to go a different route. Jenelle called me on the phone later quite excitedly to tell me about her haircut that she got whilst sitting atop a horsie. She does love horsies.

Of course not to be outdone, Meri was looking her cutest even though she doesn't have enough hair to cut. (Be sure to click on that one to get the full cuteness effect.) Good times.

9 comments:

Hannah said...

Way to be brave Alisha! It's hard enough (emotionally and physically) to cut your child's hair yourself. It seems scary to let someone else do it!! But, it looks like it went really well. I might have to give it a shot soon.

Melissa and Dave said...

I can't believe how much Meri looks like cooper...amazing :)

Emily said...

Jenelle looks like she had a great time getting her hair cut! Jason got his first professional hair cut (heck--his first hair cut) over Thanksgiving! He HATED her cutting his hair, but was really intrigued with what was going on at the same time! It was kind of sad, though, because somehow it felt like he wasn't my little baby any more--he's definitely growing up! Unfortunately, you have to get little boys' hair cut a lot earlier than little girls, since it's a little more acceptable for girls to have longer hair. Good work, though! That salon looks sooooo fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I don't much else to say because I get to talk to Cooper on a regular basis now that he added my to his Five. I just wanted to feel special by leaving post.

Anonymous said...

I don't HAVE much else to say. Just wanted to make that clear.

JJ said...

When I got my first hair cut in Colorado, after returning from my mission in the third world the lady cut my ear. I couldnt believe it...and she still charged me for the ear cut.

Cooper said...

Miss--It'll curse her forever unless she grows out of it like her older sister is beginning to.

Emily--So glad you guys could make it to our blog!

Poo--Not since John Kerry's failed presidential bid have I seen someone use so many words to say so little.

Jakie--Is there a scar? If so, I'm a little upset that I haven't heard this story before and been shown the scar. And by the way, hope you watched the Jazz game last night. Booyah.

Emily said...

Coop--thanks for the fightin' words you left on our blog...I'm sure Jake will have a lot to tell you about why it only LOOKED like the Jazz lost last night...it's part of their secret plan, I'm sure! Ha hah!

Emily said...

By the way--the big shooter comment on this page is from Jacob (Jenson)--since you guys probably have no idea who that is unless I tell you (although you could probably deduct this from the name...)