Sunday, December 16, 2007

Happy Birfday Toooooooooo U!

On Cooper's birthday, I'm afraid I have to write a cheesy, mushy post. So that I don't just ramble on and on, I'll make a list. Here are 10 reasons why I love my husband:
1) He is the best daddy a girl could ask for. He changes diapers and everything! He has even learned to discipline despite the fact that the girls bat their little eyes at him, and pretend to be angels. I'm sorry girls, he cannot be bought.
2) He lets me take naps on the weekends!!! Despite the fact that he needs them too, he takes the girls and lets me cuddle up in our warm, down comforter. Can't ask for more.
3) And speaking of weekends, he wakes up Saturday morning and asks me what I want to get done that day. And although he would rather do big manly chores like clean the garage, he'll sweep and mop if that's what I want done.
4) Last Saturday he spent an hour in JoAnn's. By himself. We sent him there with a list of stuff to get while we (my mom, grandma, and I) worked on a service project. And he went. He even returned with the list. Really, I could just stop there, but I'll keep going.
5) He has always treated me SO well. After decades of being just friends, I finally realized that I tended to end relationships because other guys never treated me as well as Coop did. Not sure what took me so long to figure out what to do about it.
6) He looks really nice in a suit. I like it.
7) He wears the pants. Even though he would rather just go with the flow and let me decide because I usually care more, he knows I like him to take charge. So that kinda sounds like he wears the pants because I tell him to, but you know ... I like the end result regardless.
8) He likes chocolate even more than I do, so I never have to eat it alone.
9) He's always up for my crazy ideas like, hey, it's 20 degrees - let's go to Zoolights!
10) He would rather stay home and hang out with me than play basketball or even go golfing. That says a lot, and I sure love how much he likes spending time with me.
11) He puts up with me. Enough said.
12) We never fight, and he's probably at least 99% of the reason why. I can't express how grateful I am for that.

Oops, that's 12, but I couldn't stop. Happy Birthday Coop. I love you. So much. Forever.

3 comments:

Melissa and Dave said...

Happy Birthday Coop...You ARE such a great person! I know first hand of what a fun, nice and giving person you are. I hope you have a great day!!!

love,
Melissa

Josh n Betsie said...

Happy late birthday cooper. Duh I knew it was going to be your birthday like a few weeks ago. But I think being pregnant with twins makes your mind even worse that it was before. I hope you had a great one. You have an AWESOME wife! I haven't met her but she sure does love you and shows it. It is GREAT!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I should have said it the other day when I posted. Yep - Alisha's right - you're great, you always have been . . . . and I'm sure you're just getting better and better. I'm happy that the two of you enjoy each other so much . . . as you should. You'll have to post all of your cool birthday happenings! (Can't believe how close 30 is getting for us- weird!)