Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Of the Mischief there is no End

So Meredith is our stealthy little criminal. She is so quiet that we often don't notice what is going on until she's climbed all the way up my parents' stairs. And when we find her, she honestly claps for herself.

Here are a few pictures of the mischief she, and her big sister, have been up to this week.We were pretty impressed when she learned to climb onto the rocking chair here, although in this particular instance it was so she could get in position to pull out Jell's piggy tails.





But then I turned away and found her doing this, in order to look out the window at the massive rain storm we've been surviving. She has since tried to stand on the back of the chair. Good luck with that one sweetie.








Thanks to Meri, "my Christmas!" as Jenelle calls our tree, has to be imprisoned. It's for it's own good really. Yet somehow, mysteriously, I still find piles of ornaments that have been removed by some bit of magic. (Jenelle has learned to get inside, where she likes to sit and taunt her sister. Oh and on a different note - when we were trying to decorate the tree, Jenelle would bring an ornament over, hand it to the tree, watch it fall to the ground, say "oops" and go back for more. She continued until there was quite a pile of oopses.)




And here, Meri got her diaper off. Just pulled that strap right off and left the diaper behind. I've heard lots of stories of kids doing this but Jell never did so this was hillarious to us. That and Jenelle tattling as she yells to us, while pointing at her sister, "nakie bum, nakie bum!"




Just thought she'd sit down for a rest at Nana and Bopa's house. She loves this corner. By the time she's done, there is not a sheet of paper left in the basket. She may be little, but she's amazingly capable of tearing apart a room in seconds. When she wants you to read her a book, she quietly goes over to the bookshelf and proceeds to pull out every book she can reach. But we still think she's cute! She has started saying "Mama" and "Dada" and using them correctly, which gets her out of any trouble she might have been in. Although don't get too close, she has her first two teeth now! and she knows how to use them, and does, quite frequently. Believe me, I would know.


And although this post is full of Meredith, don't think for a second that Jenelle isn't deserving of making the list. This is her at a restaurant with Grammy, enjoying the spinach and artichoke dip. Putting it on the bread was just taking too long. Why not go at it directly? Clever girl really, it's what her daddy has always wanted to do.






And I know this has nothing to do with the girls' mischief making, but we are loving decorating for Christmas! This is our first year in a house. We have room for a tree and that's about all we have so I've been trying to make some decorations. I finished painting these yesterday and am excited because I think they look cute! Later we're going to see how Jenelle is at gluing glitter to a bunch of snowflakes we cut out. Somehow I see a lot of vaccuuming in my future.

11 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I am glad that I don't have the only kid that is a monkey and gets into trouble!!! Love you guys!! How old is Meri again?

Anonymous said...

Crazy Crazy kiddos! Your girls are way too cute, it would be hard to discipline them! I love the Christmas decorations, so creative!!

Raina said...

Those are the cutest pictures! Mischief? I think Janelle and Trenton were meant for each other!

Cooper said...

He sure seems to think so....

Kristen said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE Alisha! Thanks for commenting on my blog, I added you as a friend on mine (hope you dont mind :) What a darling fam you have :)

FAUDIN FAMILY said...

Hey! It's Rikki Faudin I hope you don't mind that I took a peep at your blog! It was fun to see all the pics and baby #2(Meri) How old is she? Sounds like you all are doing very well!

Janelle. said...

So...I had no idea what it was to be tagged either, so I just assumed that I fill out the questions so I guess that's what it is?

Melissa and Dave said...

Jenelle and I have a lot in common concerning the spinach and atichoke dip! Who needs bread anyway??

Erin said...

I am glad to see that Brooks isn't the only child that pulls off his diaper, it's jsut that Mari is much younger than him and obviously mature far beyond her years. Thanks for checking out my blog. BTW, I love the Christmas decor. Of course, you paint your decor yourself. For the rest of us, well....

Lyndsey said...

love the haircut btw I was just looking through all your pics

Hannah said...

I LOVE this post. Kids have the best imaginations! I love every one of the pictures and every one of the stories. Hopefully Meri doesn't take a spill off that chair!! But, I guess some kids just learn by trial and error...