Thursday, February 14, 2008

Our lives passed away like as it were unto us a dream ...

Meredith turned 1! Honestly, it really can't be possible. For some reason I'm hanging on to her being a baby a lot more than I did with Jenelle. She's just my sweet little darling that loves to cuddle with mommy. Can that last please?? With all the trials and chaos of this last year, I feel like I missed out on so much because I was busy on just making it, and now I blinked and she's 1. It has been a crazy year - the hardest of our lives, but we feel like we have been blessed so tremendously and hopefully have learned all we needed to. Anyway, back to my adorable 1 year-old.

Let the fun begin! I don't really think wrapping paper was made for 1 year-olds. As the picture on the right shows, she got tired of me trying to make her part of it pretty quickly.










But we have a winner! I had picked out a baby doll with a binky and as soon as she saw it she just pointed like this, as if to say, "I'll take that one. Yes, could you please remove it from its bag please." And then she proceeded to carry it around the rest of the night and pat its back. Hopefully this will be the end to the contention in our home surrounding Jenelle's very similar looking baby with a binky!










And the cake! You can't really tell but we have here a desert island with gigantic fish swimming around with little gummy bears enjoying the sun and trying to escape on rafts or in life preservers. The kids didn't really think it was as funny as I'd hoped.









And despite her dainty, tiny little bites, she did end up with some cake on her face (she picked at it very slowly, licking her fingers as she went). She still has blue boogies. I'm just not sure where the kids that just plow into the cake come from. Jenelle wouldn't touch her first cake, even when we shoved it in her mouth, and Meri liked it but didn't get overly excited by any means. Oh well. Happy Birthday darling! Let's hope this next year goes a bit slower!

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Time really does fly! I LOVE your cake...and I think it's very funny! Erica was the same way with her cake, she just wasn't very interested. I felt like saying, "you do realize this is very delicious chocolate in front of you, right??" I LOVE seeing little kids carry around baby dolls like their mommy's do. It's so affectionate!

Lyndsey said...

Ok the Gummy bears in the life preservers are HILARIOUS!!! I love love love it!! Ok everytime I see how much fun you guys are having I feel like I was supposed to be there. Seriously. I wish we lived closer and that I could come to all the parties and fun things and even just go to the park. Miss you like crazy. At least we have the blogs... We need to figure out a visit....

Emily said...

Happy birthday you cute little Meri! I thought the cake was very cute, just for the record! I'm with you, though, time sure flies by...sometimes it seems when you're in the moment that the day will never be over, but then you wake up in the morning and somehow your cute, little cuddly baby is now a toddler. I just realized that Jason turned 20 months yesterday...20 MONTHS! I have an almost 2 year old! Where, oh where did the time go!?!

Jen said...

I love first birthdays! I love how they all respond differently. I am glad your life is started to feel normal again, after this tough year. Your little family is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Our seem to be going by faster - the more kids, the more activities - the faster it flies by. Uggggghh. It's how it's meant to be though. Work, work, love, live - - - and then you die. . . . And keep doing it somewhere else. Ha!

Raina said...

I LOVE the cake! I think it is fun to make great cakes whether they enjoy them or not. Great job, and let's hope this next year doesn't go SO fast, but maybe with a little less chaos. :D