Saturday, April 26, 2008

Goodbye Cable, Hello Internet!

So the time has come to say goodbye to Cable TV - really meaning that I will miss John and Kate Plus 8, What Not to Wear, Sportcenter's Top 10, Fox News, NBA games, and the occasional movie on tv. I gave Cooper cable for his birthday, but it was just through the end of the Blazer's season - which, seeing as they didn't make the playoffs, is over. Hopefully this means less vegging in front of the tv (unfortunately Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs are still available on our tv, meaning it will be on more than I would hope)!
However, in its place we have finally left behind the Dark Ages (as my sister said) and have the internet! Meaning I can actually blog when I want to, look up random trivia we're arguing about, check my email more than once a week (I'm really sick of there being like 30 new emails to look at!), play Text Twist, and whatever else it is that people do on the internet. Yet since they counseled moms not to waste too much time surfing the internet at conference (does blogging count?), I will try to not spend every spare second sitting in this chair (define "spare second" please). And it means I can post fun pictures of us. So here goes!

Here we were enjoying "swimming" in my parent's hot tub today after the longest day of weeding in the history of the world - but hallelujah for finally having a sunny day ... which we spent doing yard work. Wahoo.
She loves this, I find her here ALL the time!
And here too, which I think is as funny as she does.
Now this, is just totally freaky. It appears to be one of those things that somebody thought was a cute idea, but it doesn't really work out the way they imagined. I hate this binky.
And how could my little Yenta not be cute? I am sorry Jenelle for the lack of pictures of you today - the preference I'm showing Meri might have to do with the fact that you've been caught out of bed half a dozen times already tonight. For the love, can't you please just stay in bed???

6 comments:

kemm sellers said...

hey there guys,
so i finally found your blog via miriams. You will have to check mine out. It is so fun to see your cute girls. we have to do something fun.

Anonymous said...

"Oh Yenta, Yenta! Have I got a match for you! He's handsome, he's charming, . . . all right he's 62. But he's a nice man, a good man - true? True."

Cute pics! TV is overrated - I'm ready to get rid of ours - we've had it for like a month and I'm already sick of it!

Lyndsey said...

Don't you love the baby preference when the other is being naughty!! Love all the pics and look forward to more of the daily hilarity from Jenelle. Miss ya

Mandy said...

Michael and I have actually joked about getting a squirt bottle full of water to spritz the kids faces with every time they get out of bed. We haven't done it . . . please don't report us.

Janelle. said...

Hooray for internet!! I probably should spend a little less time online too...but here I am blog hopping! Oh well, I am looking forward to hearing more crazy things from the Whitman home now that you can blog every day.

Hannah said...

Okay, that binkie IS terrifying! We actually don't have cable either, in fact, we don't have any TV. But I find that I probably make up for the time I would waste watching TV by playing on the internet. Though, I am trying to heed the council of our apostles ;).