Friday, April 04, 2008

Reasons for Rejoicing!

In the words and decibel level of my exuberant Jenellie, “Hip Hip Hooray-yay!” We have good news! Cooper got accepted to the MPA program (Masters of Public Administration) at PSU – which we’ve been waiting to hear for forever. Now we basically have a lot of discussing, praying, further researching, and number crunching to do to figure out for sure if we’re ready for this and if we’re headed down the right road. Does this mean we know what we want to be when we grow up? Hah. Pretty much it means a door has opened and we think we like the view. I’m excited. I think Cooper is too.

On a less life-changing note, I have finished my paintings for the show, which at least deserves a really lazy night of lounging around, doing nothing to celebrate. Or something gooey and chocolatey. I have a total of eight for the show (the two buildings on the hill and the English garden weren’t accepted) and I’m really relieved to be done. Now, of course, we have to start spending our tax refund on matting and framing the lot. But no need to dwell on that sour note – here are the last two images that will be included:

10 comments:

Hannah said...

congrats to you both! It must feel so good to have your paintings done. You definitely deserve a night of lounging around, or maybe even a night out without the kids?!

shaun said...

Yeah for us! And by "us" I mean you guys... but I am happy to. I was just thinking that if you ever get in trouble in school--I don't know if you can get in "trouble" in grad school--and the teacher asks why you did it... just tell him/her, "because you left the room and you weren't here."

Jen said...

Congrats to your family on your acceptance to the school, that will be great, and your paintings are really lovely. I am so impressed by your talent.

Kristen said...

That is great news! I huge congratulations, what a relief to hear after waiting for so long!! :) I really am speachless about your art, I wish I were there to go to the show, its going to be a hit, I just know it!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cooper and family! Congratulations on acceptance into the MPA program. That is very exciting and we hope the best for your decision making process.

Te amamos!

Brad and family

Jim said...

Congratulations Cooper! Now the real fun begins. Good luck with the paintings Alisha! You are amazing and hopefully enjoy a moment of rest after all your hard work.

P.S. I hope your leg is feeling better :(

Josh n Betsie said...

congrats congrats congrats. Alisha your paintings are AWESOME! congrats on getting into PSU coop.

Rachel said...

You are so incredibly talented! Those paintings are absolutely beautiful! I'm impressed that you find time to do them with two little ones!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Happy for you - that's great news!

Lisa said...

They're beautiful, as usual. Congrats to both you and Coop. And by the way, at least you get a tax refund...no I'm not bitter.