Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A little artistic license

So Jenelle LOVES to draw faces. Really, apart from the scribble, circle, line, or occasional letter by accident, it's all she draws. Oh and she always wants us to be drawing them. Here's two examples of her happy faces:
(In case you were wondering, the circles on the sides of the faces are ears, not arms.)


And this is a surprise face with the open "o" mouth, which she herself makes while drawing - cute!









I tried to get her to draw her mad face but she was drawing real people (the magenta one on top is me), and didn't want any of them to be angry. So pretty much all of her happy faces look the same, except for one. The following is my sister, Anna, or Ninnie, as she's called:



(I love watching her add the hair, she just goes nuts and says, "Ninnie has LOTS of crazy hair!" I can't stop laughing about it.)



Oh, and to make Ninnie feel better, here is one of her senior portraits. As everyone can see, she does not have hair growing out of her chin and nose. In fact, she is very beautiful and has hair most girls would give an arm for. So please Ninnie, don't be offended.

3 comments:

Bobbi said...

They love being like their moms and dads! Janelle likes to draw like you---and well Jane thinks she should have her own blog like me! Maybe I should spice things up a little and do some different things! She really is such a cute little artist!

Jen said...

I'd take Ninnie's hair any day......or her long, thin legs (I've got the long part at least) and the list goes on! But seriously! Those faces are amazing. M and M don't even attempt faces yet. Janelle is taking after her mommy, it looks like!

Hannah said...

Those are GREAT faces. I love it! I'm impressed that they don't have arms coming out of their heads...I used to draw hands that looked like sunshines. I'm pretty sure there would be at least 10 fingers on each hand. Scary!