Friday, April 18, 2008

Pictures from Mexico!!!

Here's a little slideshow of the best pictures from our trip to Mexico. We had a blast! It was a little hot and sweaty, and we always smelled like sun block, but the accommodations were amazing, the company was great, Meri was an angel, and we really got to do everything we could have asked for (including the super fast crocodile slides into the refreshing pools). We were both having constant mission flashbacks as I was always speaking Spanish and we were wandering through Brazil-like slums, which we both loved. My only regret is that I didn't have Spanish pass-along cards - I know, I'm a nerd but the fact that I spoke Spanish led to constant discussions about the church - including our taxi driver that drove us to the airport who nearly started crying as he talked about his 2 year old that had died. Broke my heart. Hopefully missionaries find him, or he actually goes to http://www.mormon.org/ like we suggested. And honestly, Meri put up with everything we tried to do with a smile on her face - dazzling all the Mexicans with her sparkling blue eyes. Now however, I think Meredith is bored to be home. But we were thrilled to be back with Jenellie - we REALLY missed her but we all made it, even through the crazy long trip back on the tiniest plane, which was miserable. But I can't complain, we got to go to Mexico!

6 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Ok I can't wait to hear all about the trip. The pics we so cute!!! Matt and I know exactly where you stayed. Do they still the the totally inhumaine Zoo? Lets talk soon. . . I just got unlimited minutes on my home phone!!!

Kristen said...

welcome home! THe pictures are so fun, Meri is a doll :)

Raina said...

You're back!! Safe and sound! I can't wait to hear all the details. I'll call you soon. Great pictures... I'm ready to head to Mexico if this weather doesn't change!

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, been to "Meshico" eh? Sounds fun! What was the occasion? Well, Cooper, I am at the hospital (working - not as a patient!), and I was reading some articles from lds.org as I await the call to do EKG's. I came across a mission favorite of mine, that I really connected with. I think it was because it was by Elder Holland and was similar to his fiery bout of encouragement and his call to us to "Start fast, run hard, and go to the tape." In fact, I thought I'd send it to you thinking it would take your mind back to that meeting in the CTM. Then, I realized it might not be that similar. Anyway, I still felt like it would be good to send the link to you. We, again, seem to be at a crossroads as I believe you and your family are. If I am behind and you have made your decisions about the Master's program - I think this talk still will be helpful:) Anyway, here is the link http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/EmailArticleProcess?action=update&cmlId=220575&locale=0&emId=763167715

The talk is called, “Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence”.

I hope the best for you in all that you are doing!

Brad

Jen said...

Glad you guys had fun! I think with all this gray that Mexico sounds lovely! How did Janelle do in your absence?

Rachel said...

So how come your genes didn't get to be included in the baby? Meri looks exactly like Cooper! SO CUTE!