Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Does it really show that much??

So yesterday was a Monday. Man, we miss daddy on Mondays! But all things considered, I thought I was doing alright. I mean-no shower, no makeup, but we'd swept (Jell is so helpful when I do that - she likes to push the pile into the dustpan, scatter half the contents across the floor, and miraculously miss the garbage can, dumping the rest in front of it on the floor. Don't worry, she doesn't get too choked up about it. She always says, "Oops! I made a big mess. Dat's otay, we'll clean it later.") and vacuumed, plus everybody was fed and dressed. Before 10:30 even! We were having fun. Then I went to help Jenelle in the bathroom. She looks up at me and says, "Mom, you look old." There's no way she said that. So I said, "What? What did you say?" And nonchalantly, she looked at me again and said, "You look old." "I look old?" "Yes." Okay, my question is ... who taught her that??

So I give up. It's happened. But even if I have to get old this early, it's worth it if at least I get to have this much fun, with these adorable faces that I just can't get enough of. Even when they call me old.






























And by the way, if I do look old, perhaps it is treatment like this that has done me in!

7 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Ok this is case in point that Janelle is a mini Alisha...lots of crazy comments that make you laugh. I just can't get over her, she just kills me!!! So good to talk the other day...miss ya

Jen said...

If you look old, just call me grandma.

Kristen said...

Must have just been the lighting Alisha, next week she'll be saying you look like a princess, or something. I love the story and the last picture with your comment, perfect!!

Raina said...

Sometimes I think getting old sucks... and then I keep thinking about how glad I am that I'm just a little wiser with every wrinkle and crease. So bring it on!

Anonymous said...

yeah - we're all turning into old farts. Just have to keep putting along! Put Put - Put put!

Hannah said...

This is a great story. I can relate to the "help" children are when cleaning. Everytime Erica spills something, she also says, "It's okay," which makes me feel like maybe I'm not such an impatient mom afterall.

For the record, I think you look great :). If it makes you feel better, these days I find Erica constantly searching for my tummy so that she can press in my belly button. Can I have no pride?!?

Emily said...

Man...don't kids just say the darndest things? My mom still tells the story about when my brother looked over at her in church one day and whispered, "Mom, your face kind of looks like a skull." At least you didn't get that one...let's hope you never do!

To set the record straight--I've reviewed the evidence (all of your postings on this blog) and can conclude beyond a reasonable doubt (that's lawyer speak when something is 100% conclusive!) that you most definitely DO NOT look old...in fact, I think you look even younger than I remember you at 5th Ave. You, as usual, look great!