Thursday, January 10, 2008

Obligatory Blazers Post

C'mon, you had to know it was coming. You had to know, that is, if you know me and follow sports at all. My beloved Portland Trailblazers are perhaps the best story in all of professional sports right now. The youngest team in the NBA and third-youngest team in NBA history(!!!) is playing the best basketball in franchise history. After starting the season 5-12, appearing to fulfill all of the "experts'" pre-season predictions, they are now 22-13--good enough for first place in their division and 3 games out of first place in the entire Western Conference. Even if you don't care about sports, you've got to appreciate a bunch of kiddies (with good attitudes, mind you) winning 17 of 18 games.

However, I do understand the makeup of the readership of this blog. So I will refrain from going into detail about the franchise turnaround of recent years. But seeing as we've been delinquent bloggers as of late (Alisha so rarely gets to use the internet, but when she does she'll blog like crazy--she's got lots of good stuff to share), thought I'd take this opportunity to let everyone know how happy I am about my team.

Plus, everyone should know that for my birthday, Alisha got me what is turning out to be one of my best birthday presents ever: cable. I can now watch every single Blazer game. We'll probably stop the cable once the season (and playoffs!!!) is over, but until then I'm in heaven. And the fact that this turnaround happened to begin right around the time I started being able to watch every game--coincidence? I think not!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good clip Coop. last I heard about the blazers was trash (drugs, women, etc.) - nice to see something different. I haven't watched them since HS (I know, repentance required in Coop world) - so I know I'm way out of the loop. You should write a Blazermania book - wouldn't it be cool if you launched a whole new career because of it - and in sports? Heaven for you, or close to it!

Cooper said...

The turnaround from thugs to choir boys has been incredibly fast and fun to watch. I thought the talent level would suffer too, but they're proving that you can win AND be good guys at the same time. Revolutionary in today's professional sports.

I'd love to write a book--whether on the Blazers or something else.

Alisha B. Whitman said...

It really is sick that we're older than all but two of them. When did that happen??

shaun said...

It's about time somebody on this blog mentioned the Trailblazers. I come here regularly to find sports updates, but I rarely find them.
GO BLAZERS!!!