Friday, January 25, 2008

Alisha's Art on the Interwebs!

Well, it's something we've been working on for a while (my friend/computer guru Christer and I), and will continue to do so. But due to the great news Alisha shared with you last post and the countless requests to see her art, I've found I can't wait 'til it's done. So here it is: Alisha B Whitman (.com). (UPDATE: Read the post all the way through before clicking!)

Keep in mind, there are a heck of a lot of bugs, and more are sure to come as we try to fix the ones that are already there. That's how it works with these crazy internets. So don't worry about the fact that the home page doesn't really exist (and if anybody has an idea where it might be, please let me know 'cause I can't find it). You can still use the tabs at the top of the page to see Alisha's art. The slide shows aren't formatted the best but, again, they're functional enough to see the art. Enjoy! I do!

(UPDATE: Okay, so it's a lot more messed up than I thought. The home page exists even less now, so to see the art you have to go to the individual pages manually:
www.alishabwhitman.com/flowers;
www.alishabwhitman.com/cafes;
www.alishabwhitman.com/still-lifes;
www.alishabwhitman.com/water;
www.alishabwhitman.com/architecture.
Once you go to one, you can click on the tabs at the top just fine... just don't click on the "Home" tab! Then you're screwed.)

(And on more UPDATE: Because I'm still working on it a lot, it's possible that at the time that you choose to look at it that it doesn't work for you at all. Sorry. Just try again later.)

(Here's a taste:)

14 comments:

Emily said...

All I can say is wow, Alisha! I mean, I knew you are good, but I don't think I appreciated the true depth of the gift that you have since I only saw some snippets of your work here and there. I really love all of your pictures...particularly the water pictures and the cafe...they are just magnificent, to say the least. Do you ever sell your work? I thin it'd be so great to have an Alisha original to hang up in our house, not only to appreciate the beauty of your gift, but to be a constant reminder of such a good friend. I know I probably can't afford you now (heh, heh) but it's work worth saving for!! :)

Cooper--I'll tell Jake to take a look at your homepage, and maybe he can help you figure out why it's not coming up. That was really nice of you to set that up for Alisha, though! Kudos to you and 100 good husband points!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Alisha! (i just noticed that the comment on here previous to mine started out the same way!)...I'm so excited for you, and I love your work. Wow!!! I miss you guys...again, I'm sorry I didn't get to see you, but I'll find another chance!

Kristen said...

Stunning Alisha. Wow!

Jen said...

The paintings are so great. I would love to see them in person. I love the very last one on the flower page. It's my favorite. I don't know why, I am not an art conniseur.....

Anonymous said...

Loverly! (Can you tell that I was watching My Fair Lady today?) Of course, not surprised in the least! So fun to have your own site where people can access your artwork - great thinking!

JJ said...

Dear Programmer (Cooper),

You have a syntax error in your code on Alisha's art page, I think it is a single or double quote that is out of place. If you want to email me your file (index.php or home.php) I will try to fix it for you (jacob.LASTNAME@gmail.com). But I have to charge a high price for this service....Cooper will need to write a blog entry about how the JAZZ are going to with their division and knock Portland out of the first round of the playoffs, it should be easy to write since that is how it is all going down.

Melissa and Dave said...

Well excuse me Alisha...why didn't we know about this huge talent you have? I loved it all! Great Job. We are so dang excited for you.

Phoebe said...

I was told to come and check out your stuff. Wow Alisha! Very cool. Congrats on your show!

Cooper said...

Thanks everyone for the comments. It means a lot to us that you all cared to check out her work! (For the record, I agree with your assessments.)

Shooter: I appreciate the offer, but the price is just too steep. Good luck on that whole winning the division thing. Derron needs to start playing like a rookie again for that to happen. On the website front, we're going to just go with a completely different template because even if I fixed the current issue, the front page still wouldn't be functional.

Raina said...

Ok... I love it all!!! You are seriously talented. I have no idea how you blend from one color to the next and make it look so effortless. Great work. I can't wait to see more!

Lyndsey said...

Love love love the mountain one!!!! I am a proud owner of an Alisha original!!! Are they all water color?

Cooper said...

Lynds: For the most part, yes. The only exceptions are Still Life 3, Provo River 1, and the Mt. Hood one you love so much. I couldn't tell you what the Mt. Hood and Still Life 3 are (acrylic, maybe?), but Provo River 1 is something called Egg Tempera. It's like watercolor, but instead of water it's done with egg yolk (I think yolk, might be the white). Either way, it makes it shiny. Neat, eh?

FAUDIN FAMILY said...

All I can say is holy cows wow you are good! I love the cafe picture. What a wonderful talent you have been given! I have trouble with stick figures! Way to work your magic with art!

Hannah said...

LOVE the cafe and I love the water pictures. You really are so talented! Thanks Cooper for posting these for us!