Friday, January 11, 2008

Sometimes we all need a little help!

Before I begin this post, I must warn that it is at least a PG rating, due to partial toddler nudity.

Anyway, Jenelle has lately started going to the bathroom all by herself, which is wonderful. This may have started with us leaving the potty chair in her room overnight so that she'd stop coming out of her room every five minutes claiming to need to go poopies. How do they learn how to stall so early? Anyway, we had to start locking her in and would put the potty chair in with her, just in case (The first night she used it, in the morning there was a potty chair full of poopies. Ew). Anyway, she does have a little trouble pulling her panties and pants back up though. As you can see here, from the front, it all looks good (although she was a little sad):












But the back appears to be just a bit breezy:












In all fairness, the girl has rather large cheeks. And with such short little arms, it's just tough to pull 'em up. Oh man, is she gonna kill me when she's older.

Here's a cute picture just for fun:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally understand the difficulty with undies. Jackson still pleads for help - but we're trying to be firm and make him do it himself (he knows how - it just takes awhile). We're also trying to enforce the fact that he needs to be fully dressed when he comes out of the bathroom. That one seems to be an even greater challenge - as both our kids would run around naked all day if we let them! Yes - we're trying to teach modesty.

On that note . . . Tabitha has noticed that Eli (our 7 mo. baby) has a bald spot on the back of his head. When pointing it out to me she commented, "He's a little immodest!" - Showing a little too much scalp for her taste. Ha!

Kristen said...

What a cute post, she wont hate you, its a really funny event actually..I think every child has photos and write ups similar to this, its great :) Your writing cracks me up too :)

Lyndsey said...

Meri looks so much like Cooper...of course in feminine way!! I love Jenelle!!! She is just like her mom so cute and funny!! Miss you guys!

Emily said...

Soooo cute! I appreciated the PG rating, too..it made me think twice about reading, but I decided to take a walk on the wild side!

I'm glad for you guys, too, that she's starting to go to the bathroom by herself! That is one thing I DREAD trying to teach Jason...we've had a hard enough time trying to get him to fall asleep on his own! Maybe I'll have to leave the potty training thing for Jake (but don't tell him! It'll be our little secret...I'm thinking about making the honor a birthday present or something...hah hah!)

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. We've got some funny stories but I think they just get even funnier as they get older. I love reading about your girls. They are so funny.

Jen said...

I am impressed that she is going potty. What a doll. Max went for his first time last night, before his sister! And, he was very proud. And her cheeks are just right!