Wednesday, June 04, 2008

And He lived happily ever after

Cooper is a very happy man (like in the little boy, giddy, Christmas morning type of cuteness):

Really it's like all of his dreams have come true. Sadly, my lack of confidence that I would even be able to open the internet on the newbie has left me using the old computer to post this. Here's hoping I can learn some new technology!
That is really where I should end this, but for laughs I think I'll include one of, if not my most embarrassing moment which shows what a computer guru I really am. In the awkward eighth grade, I happened to be with my class in the computer lab. My computer froze. Not being the exact type we had at home, I really had no idea what to do. I looked around for a button to turn it off and on again. Found one, pushed it, and thus turned off half the computers in the room. Let me tell you, you don't really make friends pulling a stunt like that. Could have died. I suffered from a deep fear of computer labs until well into my college career. I was always anxious and on edge whenever I entered. Ha, what a nerd. Anyway, goodbye comfortable, anciently-old, wearing-down Dell, and hello to our whole new, exciting, and yes, intimidating Mac.

5 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Remember that I had to put your computer together. . . I can't remember how many times since right now it is feeling like a few times!! Ok I am calling you later and we are going to Ichat. Don't be scared I will walk you through it!!

Raina said...

I love the picture! and... you'll love the mac once you get used to it. Those old Dell's are hard to part with.. we still have ours too. :D

Hannah said...

Sam got a macbook a few years ago and I LOVE it! In fact, I am kind of waiting for our PC to die so that we can replace it with a mac...I can't justify the purchase unless my computer doesn't work anymore :). Anyway, there are a few things to learn, but it's super intuitive so you'll pick it up quickly!

Jen said...

I love, love, love our Mac, but still haven't really figured it out. All I know is it is fast and we have no viruses, FINALLY. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Wow - Mac. Computer of the Gods! Awed reverence. (Yeah - Macs are weird at first - but way cool. Not that I know much about it.)