Monday, June 23, 2008

Sugar and Spice and everything nice

In case anybody wanted to know what it's like in a house full of females! You're the best dad ever - and you have so many years of this to come! Wahoo! All right, so I may have helped a little. Okay, I helped a lot. But Jell was totally delighted! She kept telling dad he was SOOO boo-i-ful! And basically it was what he got for being on the phone too long ignoring us. Tee hee. How is he ever going to get homework done around here?
Speaking of, I should probably quickly catch you up on what's going on around here. Today Cooper started his graduate program at Portland State University! He's going to get his Masters of Public Administration, going full time, and hopefully, there will be a perfect, wonderful, not-boring job on the other end just waiting for him (keep your fingers crossed for us, would you?)! If all goes as planned, it should only take about a year and a half (done in Dec 09). In the meantime, he's going to try and juggle also working part time at Wells Fargo (they provide full benefits for family even though he's only part time, and some tuition reimbursement! Yeah Wells Fargo!). I also hope to help us out by selling more paintings (more fingers crossed, unless of course you're running out of fingers, in which case, toes are fine too). And I've just started training as an SAT instructor for Powerscore. Granted I took the SAT a heck of a long time ago, and I have stupid mom brain most the time, but it's good pay, very part time and I really do like teaching, so hopefully it goes well too. First off, though, I'll have to learn how not to talk like a two-year old. Wish us luck!

7 comments:

shaun said...

I've always felt that Cooper looks best when dressed as a girl.

Mandy said...

She's right. Boo-i-ful.

Lyndsey said...

This is the Coons saying good luck in your year and a half of school. You will live through it and be the better for it on the other end. It is just the pain and suffering in the middle the is rough:) Love you guys and I would just like to say the Cooper is the nicest guy. I would already have been in big trouble posting a picture like that of Matt!!

Raina said...

You guys are going to need a TON of luck on your side! SAT instructor? That is impressive. And.. with all those extra hours with Cooper working, we'll have to be bringing you some dinners for a nice break.

Jen said...

Good luck, and we have everything crossed for you guys!

Hannah said...

It's hard to go back into the normal world and make coherent statements when you have a two year old! I agree!

Sue said...

I laughed so hard at that picture! It reminded me of the time when Danny was about 2 or 3years old and his 3 older sisters dressed him as a girl. The missionaries came over and said something about us having 4 cute little girls. Poor Danny having 4 sisters and no brothers!