Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Hungry Hungry Hippos Education

What I learned yesterday while playing Jell's favorite game of Hungry Hungry Hippos:

1. Meredith cheats. (She gets frustrated with her hippo, gives up on the conventional way, and goes after the little balls with her pudgy little hands. She then even stores them all in her hippo's space. How did she figure that out?)
2. Jenelle doesn't handle cheating well.
3. Cheaters never prosper. Upon snagging all the balls, Meri then fell and cut her lip - it dripped blood and everything. Sad!
4. Knowing all the hippos' names (or being able to read them off the stickers) is VERY impressive to a 2 year-old.
5. Happy Hippo (the pink one) is Jenelle's "friend."
6. I do better when playing with my feet.
7. This is a very loud game.
8. And although lesson #3 is still true, cheating on behalf of Jenelle (tipping the board towards her hippo so she, or Happy, gets all the balls) is well worth the smile.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Have I ever mentioned that I love the way you write? You always crack me up! This is so classic. I'll have to remember these tips the first time we play hungry hungry hippo :).

Raina said...

I am loving this!!! Especially that you are great at playing with your feet! I'll have to take you on a toe to toe hungry hippos challenge.

Anonymous said...

post more!