Thursday, June 19, 2008

Too much fun, too little nap!

This week some of my cousins came to town (from Salem, Utah, and New Mexico), with all their little ones in tow. I think I have finally got it straight - their kids are my first cousins once removed, and my girls' 2nd cousins. Not that it really matters. Jenelle calls them all friends - at least the ones she likes. :) She's not always too sure about boys. Anyway, we had a blast but talk about stimulation overload! Monday we went to the zoo (and dentist and eye doctor). Keep in mind there are 8 kids under the age of 6. I think there were as many adults but it sure didn't feel that way! We so felt outnumbered and there was constantly the question, "Where is ..." or "Does anybody see ..." Man, kids are quick! I loved that we entered the zoo and I heard each kid say "I want to see ______" with a different animal in the blank for each kid. Luckily, I think everybody left satisfied. The elephants even did tricks! The trainer was having them practice, so they waved legs, wagged tongues at us, and all sorts of silly stuff.


The girlies (there are boys too, three of them, but they don't apparently like to be in photos). Check out Meri's face up close - is she growling at the camera?













Grandma bought yummy elephant ears for everyone. YUM! Thanks Grandma!

This is how "hug your sister for a cute picture" worked out.
I'll add the rest later in part II.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow you're brave! I'm glad everyone ended up happy :) It's not everyday you get to see performing elephants!

Valerie said...

Ok, it's funny that you just now found us. I think I've been "stalking" your blog since Jenelle was born! Granted we haven't had ours that long... I'm glad you found us anyway!