Sunday, January 20, 2008

Some good news!

So some of you may know that about a year ago I was accepted into a really good art gallery in Oregon, called the Lawrence Gallery. Since then I've had paintings in their Salishan and Sheridan galleries, and I've actually even sold some, which was pretty exciting. I hadn't really planned on starting down this road quite yet, since I don't really have a ton of extra time on my hands these days to paint. No clue why. But I submitted a portfolio through a connection with my in-laws so that I could get some advice on what I needed to do in the meantime. And to my surprise, they accepted me. Anyway, that's old news. Here's the new news: This week they called me and asked me to be part of a two-man show that they'll have at their Salishan gallery in June! It's kind of a big deal, and really exciting! I have a crazy amount of work to do between now and then and no clue how I'll get it all done, but thanks to my incredibly supportive husband, if I don't it'll be just because of my own laziness. So I'll have to start posting my stuff as I get pieces done so I can have your opinions on how I'm doing. I'm so overwhelmed but my head is just full of ideas and plans. Hopefully I won't neglect my family too much these next few months!

9 comments:

Melissa and Dave said...

That is so great! I can't wait to see some of your work. We are very excited for you

Anonymous said...

Wow - that's so great Alisha! I'm so excited for you! yay! I guess Jon and I will have to take a trip in June to go to your show - that would be so fun! Keep us posted and if we can manage it, we'll be there! woo hoo!

Janelle. said...

Alisha...you're awesome! That is so exciting and totally post your work...I want to see! We still love our picture of Christ, though you weren't as thrilled about it...It's totally going to be worth a pretty penny one of these days :)

Kristen said...

that is so cool Alisha! I had no idea that you had such a talent, (although I knew of many others :) I cant wait to see your work, how exciting Congratulations

Bobbi said...

Hey guys, we love your blog! You've done so many cool things. The Jib Jab movies were hilarious and your family is beautiful. Talk to you later--Brad, Bobbi, Jane, and Claire.

Emily said...

Congratulations and many kudos! I always have been impressed with your beautiful artwork and am so thrilled to hear about this great opportunity before you! Way to go! Is there anything you CAN'T do? You are a fabulous person and a great example...I'm just so happy to see such a great thing happen to a wonderful person! You'll have to put some images up of the work you submit...I know we'd all love to see it!

Jen said...

Alisha your talent is inspiring! I can't believe I haven't seen any of your work! I can't wait for those posts! Bring Janelle over to play any time you need to paint!

Hannah said...

Congrats Alisha! That is so exciting! I can't wait to see some of the stuff you make. :)

FAUDIN FAMILY said...

Wow that's great Alisha! You even sold some, your famous! Can't wait to see your work! You have got to be so busy.