Thursday, May 29, 2008

Rainy day Monday, and Tuesday, and Wednesday, and ON AND ON!!!!

Aaaah! First off, let there be no mistake - I am an Oregonian through and through. I love it here. I miss it when I'm gone. I need to be surrounded by the gorgeous greenery and fresh beauty. I love being near both the coast and the mountains (although with gas prices the way they are, I'm unlikely to see either). I even enjoy the rain. It's relaxing. Perhaps even rejuvenating.
That said, enough is enough!!!!! I have seriously had it. This is like the worst weather year ever. Continuing to have gray skies and the aggravating drizzle this week makes me want to pull my hair out. And frankly, I don't feel motivated to do anything else. I am officially a bump on the log. And I would like to blame the depressing weather. Gotta blame something, right?
So in case the weather man is listening, I no longer want to see your stinkin forecasts. I want a little more of this, please:

(Okay, so I really wanted to include the pictures I took of the girls out back in the pool during those 3 days of 90 degree weather we had last week, but my dad hasn't returned my camera since he borrowed it for my sister's championship lacrosse game. To be added later. Oh, and she lost.)

Playing outside makes everybody happy. I just bought a bunch of shorts for the girls - I would like them to use them. Plus we already planted our garden. Now I'm no master gardener, but from what I understand, plants need sun to grow. Instead, they are drowning. And quite frankly, on behalf of them and me, I would like a little bit of global warming right about now. I'm freezing.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Amen to all of that.

Raina said...

I have never had such a yucky spring. I know april showers bring may flowers, but WE ARE ALMOST IN JUNE!!!

Lisa said...

My dad is about ready to pack up his bags and leave the state forever. He gets so angry every time he looks at weather.com that I've told my mom she needs to block that website on their computer. I'm worried about what will happen to my native Californian husband if I move him up to rain country, and my dad's temper tantrums about the rain aren't helping...By the way, we're flying up north tonight, so I'll see you Sunday!