Monday, May 12, 2008

What's wrong with the world today:


On Friday we went to Whole Foods Market for the first time. There they were selling a magnet that said, "I have puppies instead of children. I'd rather ruin my carpet than my life." I am really quite upset to learn that kids don't ruin carpets. Mine must be the exception. As to the whole meaning of the message, I'm at a total loss for words. I can only say it is really what is wrong with the world today. And it makes me angry. If I were Dr. Laura, I would have lots to say. As for me, my kids provide free entertainment, a ridiculous amount of personal growth opportunities (such as the chance to learn patience), exercise, meaning, reasons to laugh, excuses to get out of stuff I didn't want to go to in the first place, and on and on. They ruin my carpet but they are my life. I couldn't imagine or buy a better one.

4 comments:

shaun said...

Freakin' Whole Foods Market hippies and their crazy ideas about life. The real question is, why are you consorting with a bunch of hippies?

Kristen said...

My kids are joining yours as exceptions :)I have to laugh at how stupid things are sometimes..this one made me laugh.

Hannah said...

It should read, "I have puppies instead of children. I'm not responsible enough to commit to anything that will last longer than a few years and I'm ashamed to admit it, so I do this to make myself feel better."

Jen said...

I'd like a fun magnet that says just the opposite! I agree with you 100%. And, they obviously don't know what they are talking about with the carpet. Mine is trashed thanks to my kiddos, but at least it doesn't stink like dog bum.