Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving in Bend

Way, way too early Thursday morning we got up and drove to my parents' house in Bend. It is really nice, which means we have to constantly watch the girls to keep them from damaging anything, but it is fun to go there, relax, and just be away from all the little busy things that always seem to need doing.

And since I hadn't mentioned yet what I am thankful for, here is my list:


^^^^^ #1. My husband is the best daddy, and our girls just love him.


^^^^^ Here's my #2 - Jenelle is potty trained!!!! Honestly I need a Hallelujah chorus for that. I never thought I would have a potty trained child, but voila! dreams do come true!


^^^^^ Here's my #3 - early Christmas presents (from wonderfully loving parents and grandparents) of bikes and a bike trailer/stroller for the girls to ride in. We can be a little biking family. Very cold and possibly very wet at the moment, but the girls would stay dry, and when they're this bundled up, they can't even move (bonus- means no pushing).


^^^^^ My #4. Family time! I love going and doing stuff like this together, giving the girls new experiences, and getting lots of pictures for me to look at over and over and over again. The exciting thing about this adventure was that apparently Jenelle now likes the snow. She hated it last year, wouldn't touch it, play with it, even walk in it. In fact, she would shut the door whenever I would even open it to look outside at the snow. But we're over that now, and with the girls dressed as pink and purple Pillsbury Dough boys, we had a blast (apart from the two face plants Meri did in the snow, of course). Jell surprised us all and even loved sledding. Meri was marginally amused. And the remaining pictures are just cute!

5 comments:

Lyndsey said...

They are so cute!!! I personally love the Jenelle attitude as it means I am not the only one with a difficult yet totally cute child so you can't stay mad at them. I hope I am not ruining Tommy. Every time he gets in trouble he looks at me with a big smile, Says "Hi" and waves. It is a little hard to yell and then I feel like an idiot since I am really not good at punishing anyone let alone a kid that does that.

Hannah said...

Potty trained already? Awesome! I'll take any hints you can give me. Erica is only about 6 months younger than Jenelle I think. I'm getting excited just thinking about it :)

Janelle. said...

Jenelle seems like a total crack up. I am loving the boots and the diaper look, it kills me. Well, I love reading your blog...yours is one of the ones I am addicted to :)

Anonymous said...

glad you're posting - and the slide thing is cool! I posted what we're up to on S&J's site. Have a good one!

Anonymous said...

By the way - love the undies in boots pic of Jenelle. Every girl should have one of those . . . .right? Too cute.

By the way . . . . the poop in the tub - and everywhere else story - save that one for the dating years. I know I'm saving the one about Tabitha eating the poop covered corn floaty . . . I hope it'll make her dates think twice before moving in for a kiss. Hee hee. "Pooplips - pooplips!"