Sunday, November 04, 2007

Pumpkins and Ponies

The Saturday before Halloween we went to a pumpkin patch on some farmland nearby. Of course there weren't just pumpkins, there were goats, llamas, chicks and hayrides! We had all sorts of fun, as you can see.
Perhaps the best of the day was watching Jenelle take part in her first pony-ride. Last year, she wouldn't go anywhere near them. But this year, to everyone's surprise, she was all about it. Moments later, she was terrified of a poodle 50 ft away, but the horse was no big deal. As soon as they started walking, she was all, "ooooh, this is SO fun!" She wanted to go again soon after, but hey, it aint real cheap. In the two weeks since, Jenelle still talks about it all the time and says "Jenellie ride a pony, like at da pumpin patch," anytime she sees or hears of a horse. Meri didn't really get into the festivities - we put a baby chick in her lap and she looked at it like "so what am I supposed to do with that?" No interest. Blank stare.
Earlier in the week, I actually took the girls to a different pumpkin patch with a "choo-choo train" and a boat ride. It was all going great until a big metal shark popped out and spit water at us. Basically, that ruined the boat ride. But Jenelle also still talks about how "Jenellie ride a choo-choo train wif Mama and Meri and Hunter (her friend)." It's fun to see all that she remembers - it kinda makes going to do fun stuff like this worth while!

6 comments:

Marzee said...

Very cute. Thanks for sharing the stories! Great family picture too - love all of the warm fall colors!

Lyndsey said...

Lish, these little girls are so dang cute!! It kills me. Love all about the pony hilarious! I am so glad that you are posting so that I get to see current pics. Love you and miss you guys!

Janelle. said...

We need to come see you guys soon! Your girls are growing up way too fast...Jenelle is a totally different person now; they are both ADORABLE! You done good. I hope you had a great Halloween!

Melissa and Dave said...

I was so excited to find your blog. You guys are so darling! I'm so happy to see you all doing so well. Your little baby is sooo cute. I'm going to add you to my friends list..I hope you don't mind.
love~ your cuz,
Melissa

Cooper said...

Janelle- We're looking forward to your upcoming visit to Portland. What's that you say? You're not planning a trip? That's something you need to remedy.

Miss- GREAT to hear from you! You are now on my regular blog reading list. For some reason I totally didn't expect your son to have grown. I was blown away that he wasn't a baby anymore. Imagine that--he grows!

Hannah said...

So cute! Don't you love how your own kids can always surprise you with what they like or don't like? Kids are great!