Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Do you have any idea???

Lately Meri has been asking us to sing her "The Dolphin Song" when it's time to put her to bed. We don't have any idea what she's talking about. I'm kinda hoping somebody in the family, at church, or in her little preschool group sang her some dolphin song and knows what she's talking about. Because when we ask her to sing it to us, it's always different than the night before, employs at least 5 different keys, and the only word we catch is "dolphin." If she's making it up, she's not being very understanding that we don't know it. She's getting more and more upset each night that we still don't know it or haven't picked it up from her. Can anybody help?? Does anybody know any dolphin songs????

On a perhaps even more frustrating note, I H-A-T-E lice. And nits. And everything you have to clean and wash and comb and clean and wash and comb again when your children have little bugs infesting their heads. I hate feeling like everything in my house is creepy crawling. I hate not being able to go anywhere for fear of spreading it to others while my kids are going bonkers. So we'll see you all next week when we're clean, unless of course we're not, in which case we'll have to start over a whole new 7 days of being quarantined. Lovely.

4 comments:

Hannah Holt said...

Sorry about the lice. Yuck!

I don't know the dolphin song, but here's a new song you can sing to appease her:

(Sing to the tune of 'I want to be a missionary now')

'Oh, I want to be a dolphin swimmer now,
I don't want to wait until I'm old.
I want to use my flippers in the sea
and I'll eat the little fishes, squid and mold...'

If she says, "no, no that's not the dolphin song." Just say, "Sorry, that's the new dolphin song."

Good luck.

Raina said...

The song is an issue! We've been there before. :D
As for the lice... I think you MUST be exhausted. Hang in there. :D

Lyndsey said...

I am sending you love and bug dying vibes and prayers. So great to chat today. Miss you mucho!

Lisa said...

Yikes! Hang in there, Lish!