Saturday, April 03, 2010

Where did my brain go?

I think I've lost my mind. I'm hoping I'm not the only one. So I'm asking, do you ever have the kind of day where...

you're singing a primary song that you've known since you were in Sunbeams and you're on autopilot while your mind is wandering and you suddenly don't know where you are in the song or which verses you've already sung or what rhymes with what you just said and could possibly come next?

you leave your wallet at the grocery store, don't manage to notice until you get all the way home with kids unbuckled, have to go all the way back and after scouring the parking lot, find they had it inside all along?

not only can't seem to interpret a single thing your toddler has said correctly but mishear adults on the tv like every five minutes?

you assure your husband that you have a bag of nectarines that you've been enjoying all week, he doesn't believe you, you keep insisting, before he realizes you're actually talking about tangerines?

you're trying to help your daughter calm down for bed by singing sweetly but suddenly feel a little night drunk yourself and start giggling and are unable to keep a straight face because the brachiosaurus that your daughter drew and taped above her bed looks so goofy?

I've lost my mind.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Alisha, you made my day! I truly enjoy your posts. So funny!

marzee said...

And that's the way we like you!

speaking of losing minds - you and cooper should read this. . .
http://atypicalmormonchick.wordpress.com/2010/04/05/mormons-are-not-trolls/

Jen said...

Pregnancy kills brain cells. Dr. Oz says they come back, but I am still waiting for mine. The other day after family prayer I called everyone back in the room to say a prayer and they all looked at me like I was crazy and reminded me nicely that Olivia already said it. I am a nut job, it's good to know I am in good company.

Raina said...

This is sooo funny! Not so funny when you're living it... but pretty funny to read. I'm with Jen, the brain cells come back. You'll be just fine! :D

Hannah said...

Yes--I've totally been there...like yesterday.