Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Here Comes Santa Claus

Even taking into account the cheesy grins, this is hands down the best picture we've ever got with Santa Claus - nobody's crying! Well, except for Isaac in the background, but that didn't even have anything to do with the man in red. And, by the way, we are back in our house with dry carpets and walls. The carpets have yet to be tacked back down and the floor boards need to be nailed back in, oh and our new washer needs to get here before Isaac spits/pees on every article of clothing he owns, but other than that, we're back to normal (normal for us that is, if that even fits the definition of the word). I just think I must be one of those people that these things seem to happen to. You know on Finding Nemo when Marlin tries to get rid of Dorie? What does he call her, like a distraction fish or something? I can't remember the exact words. But I think I'm just one of those kind of fish. Just as long as Cooper doesn't try to get rid of me for it, we're good! We can go back to enjoying our crazy kids in our own home, and listen to them saying things like when Meri told me this morning that she hurt her foot's hip bone, aka ankle. And we'll sit in not-so-eager anticipation of the next "distraction" to come our way!

2 comments:

Lenora and Andrew said...

Yay, you posted! We've been waiting:)
What a cute expression, my foot's hip bone, I'm totally using that from now on! We are so excited to see you all in a couple of days. Cute Cute Cute picture of the girls.

Anna Collett said...

Distractions are what make life so fun! Can't wait to see you!