Wednesday, January 28, 2009

If I were as good a mommy as my baby is ...

then my baby would be nicely tucked in and actually lying in her bed. But in my defense, my baby doesn't stay where I put her. Oh, oh, and if I could get her eyes closed by tipping her head back, night time would be such an easier time of day!
But seriously, I love how Meri's baby is so perfectly taken care of - laid on the pillow, tucked in and everything. And what's your guess? Was she playing and suddenly just fell over the edge of her bed in exhaustion and stayed there? Any tips on getting her to fall asleep hours earlier, when we actually want her to?


And in response to a couple of comments from my last post, I have totally thought of someday being good enough to take commissions to paint people's kids. In the meantime, I need practice. If anyone would like me to paint their kids, I'd love the practice, as long as I don't end up losing friends because I didn't paint their kids pretty enough!

10 comments:

Anna Berne said...

hahaha ok I love this picture so much. I bet she just decided it was way cooler to sleep have on the bed. How long did she stay like that? oh I miss those crazy girls!

Valerie said...

Are you extending that offer to out-of-staters? Because I will so take you up on that if you are!

Kristen said...

I would LOVE it if you wanted to practice on my kids...I can send you a picture, anything you want...if you pick me :)

Alisha B. Whitman said...

I can do "out-of-staters" but it would be a bit more difficult because I wouldn't be able to take pictures myself or look through stacks of your pics (I get picky when I'm choosing what to paint - looking for certain angles, lighting, looks. I don't know what I'm looking for until I see it really if that makes any sense). But you can definitely send me some pics, or email me or if you have albums online that you'd like me to look at - I could do that. I just can't guarantee customer satisfaction :)

Mel said...

Can you put us on the list for practice too?

Bobbi said...

I love this picture--oh it is true that a picture is worth a thousand words! There is something so cute and innocent about them when they sleep!

Jen said...

I would like to be the first in line, and you can come over any time to take pics! REALLY, come right now! That is so cute that Meri puts her baby to sleep so nice. Wouldn't you love to know the thoughts in their little heads?

Vixie said...

You can add mine to the list! It is cute that she put her baby to bed.

shaun said...

You don't have to get any pics of Preston to paint him. You can just go to Nel's blog and use any one of the million that we have of him.

Anonymous said...

Alisha - Just found your blog via Facebook - so fun to catch up on your life and see your beautiful girls!!!! If you're still looking for practice painting, I'd love you to try Olivia, and I promise not to be offended! Maybe we can set up a trade: Olivia is really into hats these days and we have a whole book of cute knitted hats your girls could choose from. Hope to see you soon.

- Audrey