Tuesday, January 06, 2009

With kids like these who needs a tv?

Tonight, we were entertained with:

"Hey look Mom, I can't sniff" (I looked, and she had a finger lodged up each nostril)! I yanked them out, trying not to laugh, and she said all matter-of-fact, "Oh, now I can sniff."

and "Hey look Mom, this can be our driver and honker!" Any ideas what she had created for pretend play? Correct. A steering wheel and horn.

Yesterday when Coop got back from filling in at work for a couple of hours, Jell danced around the room with her hands pumping over her head chanting, "No work! No work! No work!" like an enthusiastic picketer. I think she likes her daddy. This of course got Meri going, who jumped around the room yelling, "wahoo!" She was glad to see her daddy too, but mostly I think likes chaos and adding to it.

And the other night Coop laughed when he heard, "Meredith Adele Whitman, if I see you take another bite out of that candle, so help me ..." This from the child who will hardly eats anything I put on her plate. I don't know, maybe I should try covering it in wax first, although that's bound to mask some of the nutrients.

On a daily, no, at least hourly basis, we hear and see this (in the car it's a non-stop Disney wonderland):



I'd say she has a little flair for the dramatic. However, whenever we try to teach her the true lyrics, she asks me to stop singing because she can't hear when I sing, and tells Cooper he is only to sing the prince's part, not Jasmine's. Oh, and if anyone is still wondering why Meri is just now beginning to talk, take note of what happened when I asked Meri to sing popcorn popping.

3 comments:

Mel said...

I am dying! I love your girls. I like Janelle's "disapearing" lyrics in the song. Meri is so patient, and doesn't even seemed phased when Janelle jumps in her song. So cute!

Jen said...

Your girls are crack-ups. I love it!

Hannah said...

OH Alisha...this is the best video I've seen in a long time. I had to watch it twice. I LOVE Jell's mixed up words. She's so close! And, the climax really is quite impressive!