Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Break ... just a bit behind here!

For spring break (which was weeks ago, I know) we went to my parents' Bend house and had a blast! One day we head up to the mountain to take the girls sledding.
At the beginning, there was a lot of this:
(smiling)
And this:
(Enjoying the ride)
And this:
(Family fun!)
Then, unfortunately there was some of this:
(snow spraying in the face)
And more of that:
Which led to a whole lot of this:
(we'll call this crying and comforting)
And this:
And this:
And this:
So we gave up.
We headed up to meet all the family skiiers for lunch, and then Coop and I were persuaded (they really had to twist our arms) into swapping with my mom - she took our kids back home for naps and we skiied the rest of the day. The girls thought it was hilarious watching us on those silly skiis!
Despite my serious infatuation with powder, in the last 7 years, this was only the 2nd half day of skiing I've managed to fit in. For Coop - it was the first time in 12 years. I'm glad to say that we made it without any serious injury and had a blast!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey, Jenelle is old enough to ski now! I'm shocked your dad hasn't gotten her on skis yet. Erik and I took a ski trip in Feb. and I got a solid 3 days in...it was awesome. Taylor is hitting the slopes the year she turns 3.