Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hindight Being 20/20 and All...

So chalk this up to unforeseen circumstances I really should have foreseen. After yesterday's feet/hand painting ghost project (see previous post), I should have seen today's announcement from Meri coming a mile away:

"Mama, I'm going to paint my feet now."

Both Cooper and I were busy and not paying attention, so she continued to say it 5 or 6 times, until suddenly it dawned on us what she was saying. We quickly stopped her, of course, which she expected--which is why she was making sure we heard her announcement before she proceeded. Now if only she'd tell me before she did anything that was bad....

Oh, and by the way, when I finally dragged myself out of bed this morning because I suddenly realized that I had been hearing the girls make noise for a while, I found them lying side by side on the couch, nicely snuggled under a blanket they were sharing, watching Dinosaur Train. Sigh. They grow up so quickly and learn how to turn on the tv, change it to their favorite channel, and turn the volume down so as not to bother mom and dad (which she told me she'd done).

No comments: