Saturday, July 02, 2011

La Pine Rodeo

Isn't it fun sometimes to go somewhere totally outside your normal sphere of experience? Like a rodeo for example. It's like stepping into a whole other world that I didn't really knew existed. It was surprisingly entertaining even if it was a bit hot, dusty, and stinky. I can't say I have the slightest idea why people would do those crazy things but, you know. I guess good for them for doing what they love? The girls sadly lost interest rather quickly but then happily drew designs in the dirt, occasionally looking up to count how long somebody stayed on a bucking, 1-ton piece of beef.
Little dude was amazingly happy, especially for missing a nap. I think he enjoyed people watching as much as I did.
And he enjoyed being tickled. He just makes me smile.
The girls did perk up quite a bit when various rodeo princesses and queens from counties all across Oregon showed up. They posed for photos, handed out necklaces, and autographed pictures for all the kids brave enough to ask. The girls were quite determined and tracked down every princess on the grounds. Who knew princesses wore cowboy boots?!

1 comment:

Anna Collett said...

Buddy is so adorable!!!!! M looks awfully dazed in that last picture!! But looks super fun!!