Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy Anniversary Love!

Thank you my love for another wonderful year! When I think of all the different phases our relationship has gone through - classmates in 3rd grade, acquaintances for years, best friends starting in 9th grade, a confusing "what are we?" stage right before your mission, an "is she going to wait" followed by "is he going to wait," dating, engaged, married - I definitely like being married to you best of all (I would love to add pictures of all those times but we're on vacation and I don't have access to them)! Even having known you that well, I couldn't know what a lovingly attentive and supportive husband you would be, and what a fantastic daddy that does diapers and dishes without even being asked! When I see little cute couples getting married I feel like giving them a big hug because despite not knowing them I get so excited for all the things they'll see! I'm glad that Lyndsey was there to keep me from freaking out when you went and put the moves on when I'd been home from my mission a whopping 3 days! Way to take things slow love. She told me that what I needed to realize was we (coop and I) couldn't just be best friends forever. If we married other people, I'd lose you as my best friend. If I wasn't okay with that, I needed to really give our relationship a try. Obviously, I decided I couldn't bear to lose my best friend! Best decision ever! Happy Anniversary my love! 

6 comments:

shaun said...

Although I see less of Cooper since you two were married, I still like the married version of you two much better than any of the other versions. Well, really I like you about the same always (you have never given me a reason not to like you). I guess it is easier to like the married version of Cooper. I liked him before, but with you keeping him in check I like him even more... in a very manly and asexual way.

Lyndsey said...

Wow I am smart! Hahahha Love you guys happy what ever it is. Here's to being old and gray and parting all together!!

Brad said...

Three days...attaboy, Coop ;)

Congratulations to you both! Let me add my praise to Cooper as an example of what all of us husbands should be. You're a standard I look to.

Best to you on your special day.

Jen said...

You two are a darling couple.....congrats on your anniversary!

Hannah said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you get to spend forever with your best friend! Isn't it nice when you fall MORE in love with your husband as time passes?

Anonymous said...

Cuteness! Love you both - are happy for you both - and gald to read about your milestones and successes - you're great!