Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby!

Much to her delight, Jelly Belly turned 3 yesterday! She has been talking about this event most of the last year. And in fact, yesterday morning, she announced to me that she will be 4 (said with massive enthusiasm). I told her no, you are turning 3 today and she patiently explained to me, "Yes, but next time I will be 4!" Too true, but let's take this next year one day at a time. Because honestly, I can't believe she's 3. When did that happen? But honestly, we couldn't ask for more. She's such a little spitfire, and so much fun. As a bonus, she's a really good, protective big sister (the nursery leaders have to separate the girls because Jenelle won't let anybody near Meri without yelling, "That's MY sister!"). We love her and can't imagine life without her. Happy Birthday my little princess-wanabee!

I'll post better pictures later that I know others took, but at least here are a couple of cute ones of the girls enjoying the big day.

Party prep is sometimes just as much fun as the party itself!
The anticipation for the cake is almost too much to handle!
We're a little bit of a sweaty mess here, but who cares about that when it is finally time to eat the cake?!
And it is going to be hard to convince her that we don't open presents everyday. She is so happy that everybody loves her so much!

4 comments:

Bobbi said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Janelle--I cannot believe that our girls are already three!! HOpe you had a wonderful day!

miriam said...

How cute! Happy birthday Jenelle!

Raina said...

Happy Birthday!!! I LOVE licking the batter off of the beaters, and I LOVE LOVE opening presents. Cute pictures and what fun.

Hannah said...

Ha ha, she's smart to realize that in another year she'll be 4! I'm impressed. I'm so glad she enjoyed her special day!