Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Newest Paintings and Newest News

Here's some paintings I've been working on recently:


What should I name these? I'm really bad at this naming thing. Sister Tunks advised me to make the titles meaningful because it actually helps sell them. So any ideas? For the first one I wanted something about how the light is just kissing the top of the rose. The second one feels so calm, makes me feel like it's waiting. And I'm really clueless about the third. I did it because I liked the pretty buildings. Real meaningful, huh?
On a somewhat related note, I got two bits of good art news this week. One was I got accepted by a jury into the Watercolor Society of Oregon. And second, I'm going to be featured in the wine room at the Sheridan gallery in a new "Emerging Artists" show they're doing in conjunction with their big wine tasting night every 3rd Sunday of the month. Sounds like my kind of thing. So I'm the emerging artist for November, which means you may not see or hear from me for the next month because they want 6-10 new paintings for this. By November 1st. And Cooper's classes just started up again yesterday. So I also won't be sleeping. What's new?

8 comments:

Mel said...

Those look awesome! I love the one with the boat on the water. I am not creative, so won't even waste your time offering bad ideas, but good luck with the painting and the upcoming show!

Josh n Betsie said...

awesome congrats!

Janelle. said...

Alisha, you are seriously so talented! I wish I could paint like that. Good luck with the show, that's pretty exciting!

Raina said...

Those are fantastic!!! My favorite is the water one. It is so peaceful and beautiful. Great job on the colors and everything. As for names...that is tough. The flower...I see it as an old classic name... Penelope, Opal, Gladys. :D
The water one...hmmmm...I think of street names..Calle San Giuseppe sounds kinda cool. I've always thought the name Giuseppe is fun to say.
The last one... "Beautiful Street" is Bella Strada. :D Kinda lame. Good luck!!!

Women Afire said...

They look great Alisha - I love how you do the water too.

-Marzee

Kristen said...

congratulations! You are so talented, your newest paintings are unreal. I love them!

lauriemcmurt said...

You are so amazingly talented. I love the rose picture. I don't know how you do it!!! By the way, I am loving Cooper's post about the pets. We are not pet people either, so fish would be our best option too. By the way, the girls are getting so big! I can't believe it. What cuties. Also, good luck with the whole climbing out of the crib thing! I don't look forward to that stage. Take care and make sure to reward yourself with a nap in between each finished picture! By the way, I love the bangs. Your hair looks really cute and dark now too!

FAUDIN FAMILY said...

You do amazing work. They are really beautiful!