Friday, May 13, 2011

Forgive me while I toot my own horn ...

but I can't help it. First, because "toot" is currently one of the funniest words in our house, and second because I made some awesomely slice-able, and surprisingly fluffy homemade 100% Whole Wheat bread. I'm so happy! Doesn't it look perfect?!Here's the recipe in case you want to join me in my baking bliss! It was SO ridiculously easy!
I just put the ingredients into the bread maker in this order and put it on dough mode:
1 Tbsp. Honey
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Yeast (I used Quick-Rise)
3 3/4 C. Whole Wheat Flour (Mine was specifically Bread Flour)
1/4 C. Gluten (Vital Wheat Gluten Flour)
1 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 C. Warm Water
Once it's done, warm oven while you remove dough, shape it into a loaf and put into a greased bread pan. Turn off the oven and put the dough in to rise 15-20 min. Turn the oven on to 375 and bake bread for 25 min. Enjoy!

No comments: