Monday, February 04, 2013

Happy 100th Day of School!

 For the 100th Day of school, M's class got to dress like they were 100 years old! She was so incredibly excited. We went with curlers in her hair (she was kind of disappointed to find out I didn't have any gray hair spray to make her hair gray. Really? Who has that just lying around the house? I convinced her that her hair is so light it's pretty much white anyway), old-school glasses (which she has continued to wear daily because she thinks they are fancy), pearls, a scarf, and a skirt with it's waist pulled way above her belly button. But the real clincher was the cane. We made it out of a toilet paper roll and a wrapping paper roll and then wrapped it in duct tape to make pretty much the hippest cane ever. It was a hit and made me the best mom in her eyes for at least a day! I win!
And her teacher sent me these pictures from school too:
 I'd say she had fun and looked pretty awesome to boot!


2 comments:

Anna Collett said...

Oh my gosh she is adorable! Love it! Poor J though...so sad to be dressed normally. I also like how baby G is just trying to make it into the picture.

Hannah Holt said...

She's the cutest 100 year old I've ever seen!