Friday, October 21, 2005

Apparently she doesn't like needles.

Wednesday was a big day for Jella. Her first shots. She did extremely well with the first one--just flinched for a second, and then kept smiling. But as soon as the second one hit, she turned bright red and just stopped screaming last night at about 3 a.m. That's right, about 36 hours of screaming with a couple of 10 minute breaks in there. Unfortunately, that also meant that sweet JellaMama was also tearful for the last 36 hours as well. She took more breaks between crying spells, though. Apparently the Pain Cry is harder on moms. Needless to say, we haven't slept much lately. That on top of a few take-home essay tests, some Testing Center tests, and a couple of papers to write, it's been a crazy week. The only difference I can see between this past week and the coming week is that Jella won't be getting any shots. So we might be able to sleep, which will be nice.

So I haven't been able to post and I haven't really been able to read any of your blogs. I'm terribly sorry! I hope to return to old form soon, but who knows? I've been promising it since I quit work. Which reminds me, Cicada, now you know what I do with my time now that I'm unemployed. Hope all is well for all. May your days be void of babies in pain!

5 comments:

daltongirl said...

Tweengirl had to have a tetanus shot on Tuesday after she knelt on a thumbtack and it went all the way into her leg. I had to dig my fingernails under the sides to yank it out. Anyway, after the shot she said, "Is that it?" And the nurse said, "Yeah. And we wonder why the babies cry so much."

After the mean old nurse gave TG her baby shots, though, the screaming went on for a very long time. And I did NOT thank that cruel woman who hurt my baby. Even though she was just trying to prevent her from contracting a fatal disease.

Cooper said...

I did thank the cruel woman who hurt my baby. Jella wasn't doing too badly that first little bit after the shots, so I thought all would be well and that having polio or hepatitis B would be worse than the shots. 36 hours later, I cursed the cruel woman and the fact that I thanked her. Polio can't be that bad, can it?

daltongirl said...

I was afraid she would associate the nursing with the pain. Probably because I was associating nursing with pain. But anyway, the tylenol does help.

And fess up, SM, you're still nursing Savvy, and will be until she's about six, you La Leche League Hippie.

Cicada said...

Sometimes I think that maybe the fact that I'm not married has something to do with the fact that God knows that I'd be miserable if I ever had kids...

Anonymous said...

Ahh...shots. Just wait 'til lil' Jella is old enough to know what's going on! She'll look right at you and scream, "YOU!!! I thought YOU LOVED me!!!" Paige just had her 6 month shots and the flu shot! ...she hates me now. HAH! Just kiddn', they get over it!...eventually. ;)