Saturday, July 12, 2008

Would you call us middle-aged?

While on a date the other day, we ran into the Jeffries, a great young family in our ward. (And might I first say, it has been too long since we got babysitting and actually went out?!) But anyway, Cooper mentioned it was my birthday, which got us talking. She was trying to guess my age, knowing that she had been my YW leader when her oldest daughter (who just turned 10) was born. And he was Coop's YM leader when he was our age exactly. Funny thing is that we are basically at the stage of life they were at then. But the joke's on us because at that time, Cooper and friends, called him "middle-aged," and didn't want him on their team for some athletic event like canoeing because they "wanted somebody young." Aah! The fact that they remember this means he went home and was like, "really? Are we middle-aged already? You've got to be kidding! I thought we were still young and cool?" Or at least, that is what I would say before laughing/crying/pinching myself/ranting and raving/reminiscing over old scrapbooks/wondering what the heck happened. So, although I know that none of you will likely ever read this, I am sorry to any and all of our leaders whom we called old before their time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sorry for calling Ted "middle-aged." He was a much older 27 than I am... or will be. Crap! I can't remember how old I am.

Lyndsey said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Ok do I get a free pass because I was moving and loosing my mind? Hilarious story by the way. Love you guys!!