Saturday, February 07, 2009

And while we're talking about our fish ...


I'd like to know where snails come from. Maybe I should back up. A few weeks ago we had 4 fish and 1 frog. No snails. We have never bought nor invited any snails into our tank. And now there's a whole freakin snail community. So, I return to the question: where do snails come from? For the most part I know where babies come from, but since there were no mommy and daddy snails in our tank ... I'm a little confused. Can fishies make snails? That seems a little contrary to nature. Do snails hear that somebody hasn't cleaned their tank in awhile and move in? Do they magically appear when a bubble pops or something? It's kind of creepy. If they actually cleaned algae and were thus worthwhile beings, I wouldn't complain. It's just kind of weird.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Oh goodness...this is so great. I wish I had an answer. Maybe I should ask my brother. He's good with mysteries. I've found that wikipedia is always a great place to loo...ha ha!