Monday, April 16, 2012

Time with our little man

Since we only had the two youngest on Saturday, we decided to go for an incredible scenic drive to take pictures of the breathtaking Columbia Gorge. While I was feeding little G for the umpteenth time, Daddy and little dude explored this waterfall. He wasn't too sure about it. Here's what he had to say (or would've said if he ever said more than truck or cracker).
Hey dad, would mom be okay with you having me stand on this table?
Holy cannoli! Did you see that noisy thing over there? WHAT is that about?
I'm not too sure about it. Let's get out of here.
This is a little better but I'm still going to keep an eye on it. You can never be too sure.
Oh blast, I got my hands dirty climbing up here. I hate that. 
I can still see that crazy white thing! It's over there! Come on slowpoke dad! Let's get out of here before it gets us.
Phew! Safe. Now I give permission for you to take a cute picture of me. Cheese.
And I don't have a clue what he was thinking/saying in this goofy photo. But it cracks me up.
Other words he doesn't say but definitely gets the gist of:
No (we're going to enjoy that as long as we can)
Mine (same as above)
I want or I don't want (though he definitely lets us know)
Outside
T.V.
I'm stinky (he smacks his crotch and gives a sad face to let us know when he needs to be changed. Although yesterday at church when he wanted out of there, he lied! He made it up so Coop would take him out to change him but there was nothing there!)
Life's not fair
Don't look at me I'm a cranky toddler!
Please put me out of my misery and get me to bed!
Words he does say:
mama, daddy, Gracie, tractor, truck, dragon, cracker, uh oh (more like uh oooooooh), shoes, cheese, again, duck, applesauce, car, a ton of animal sounds and other sound effects, and Cooper swears he said "excuse you" yesterday. Clearly he could say more if he wanted to, but he has yet to see the point. Either that or he's stubborn. Or lazy. Or a third child. Or just being a boy.

No comments: