Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Code Names

It was mentioned in one of Daltongirl's posts that Pretty Pregger needs a new code name, as the name Pregger is no longer appropriate (Pretty, however, still fits). My baby daughter also needs one. So, because of my complete lack of creativity, I am taking suggestions on code names for both. Whether or not I use any of your suggestions may be another story, but it will be fun to hear them nonetheless! So fire away--and if I use your suggestion, you may get a prize! But probably not.

4 comments:

Cicada said...

Pretty Pregger:
Sleepless in Provo
Birthing Beauty
Ootsie Boodle*

Baby:
Stinkball
Elora Danan (baby name in Willow)
Feedme

*Once, my mother and two of my brothers and I were all talking and my mother started to get sentimental and asked what we would have our children call her (this was five years before any of us would get married). Would they call her Grandma? Would they call her Mimi? Would they call her Nanna? Brother 1 proclaimed, "Ootsie Boodle!" Ever since then, we've all been serious about making our children call my mom Ootsie Boodle until she admitted this summer that the idea has grown on her and she thinks it's really cute now. So we're considering springing "Itsie Tittle" on her as soon as the first grandchild has speaking capacities.

daltongirl said...

I think a Bond Girl name would be awesome, but unfortunately most of them are obscene and demeaning. However, Moneypenny might work. Or Kissy Suzuki. Neither of those really describe a new mother, but that could all be part of the unbreakable code.

Other suggestions:
Postpartum Beauty
Nursing Nellie
Thirty-Eight (celebrate those long hours, because you're going to be hearing about them for the rest of your life--and so will Jenelle)

The darling babygirl must be Yoda. No offense, but that's exactly who I thought of in that first photo. Or Maria, speaking of West Side.

Cooper said...

Brilliant suggestions, all (both). I've almost decided. You will soon know the decision, and you can claim your prizes.

Red said...

Uhm, Baron von Norbert is always good..