Monday, August 22, 2005

Someone Listens!

I was recently informed that my Song of the Day option in the right sidebar does not go completley un-listened-to. How exciting! That inspired me to do another! Hopefully I'll have a more exciting post tomorrow.

Today's Song of the Day is by Seven Mary Three, a grunge band from Orlando that gained fame during the Nirvana/Pearl Jam/Soundgarden era. They had a few big hits, but none bigger than "Cumbersome." Today, I will NOT put "Cumbersome" here. I don't like that whole Seattle-based grunge movement. Seven Mary Three, however, is an extremely talented band, as their second CD, Rock Crown, showed. On this CD, they showed a lot of versatility, producing songs ranging from crappy grunge rock to slower, fuller ballads, to stripped down jazzy tunes with latin beats. Their music before or after this CD was never as good, but still sometimes showed flashes of genius.

My favorite song of theirs is called "Lucky," a beautiful mix of heartfelt lyrics, emotional vocals, and quality chord progressions. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Cicada said...

I would recommend music back to you, but I don't have a friend who can help me out with that. Life is sad. Anyway. I liked today's song. I also like the fact that you don't assault me with songs of the week. You don't send this to my email address. Instead, I can choose to come to your site and then choose to read what the song is and then choose to listen to it. I love the freedom!

Cooper said...

Live free or die.