Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Whatserface Has Arrived!

After a long 38 hours in the delivery room (but not much of that was active labor--what a blessing), Baby arrived at 9:51 MDT on 8-17-05; 7 lbs. 4 oz., 19", and as healthy as can be. I cannot thank you all enough for your prayers over the last few days--they were answered. Over the next few days, I will gather my thoughts and eventually post something that expresses myself better than I can right now. As for now, let me tide you over with a few post-delivery thoughts and pictures.

1) Note to future daddies: Be well fed. Don't tell your wife you're eating, but DO NOT attempt to view your wife in the state she will be in without being physically prepared. Trust me.

2) Note to all future parents: Involve the Lord as much as you possibly can throughout the entire process.

3) Note to self: The placenta was actually kind of cool looking--looked like something that I've killed a hundred times on Nintendo games.

4) Note to all: My wife is my hero.

Again, thank you for all of your prayers, concern, and love. Mother and baby are healthy and beautiful, hungry and happy.

By the way, the name will be decided on soon. It will neither be Mia nor Isaac (rest easy, Cicada); right now we are deciding between J and Aleah, leaning toward J. I will let you know when I can. Bless you all.

5 comments:

Cicada said...

Welcome Whatserface! That's so great... but the part about the placenta was disturbing. Truly disturbing.

Nemesis said...

Awwww . . . she's precious! And the pictures were lovely, especially since they weren't of the actual PS2 placenta.

Red said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! She's adorable!! Coop, now you have two beautiful girls by your side...awwww!! I'm so happy for you guys!! More pics please!!

daltongirl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.