Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Song of the Day/Week/HoweveroftenIgettoit

If you're a particularly astute observer (or you're on this site too much--in which case you have bigger problems than how much time you spend at my blog) you'll notice a new link in the sidebar on the right. It is a new feature that I am implementing called the "Song of the Day" (whether it will be the song of the day or the song of the week or month remains to be seen). All thanks be to Red for his html expertise.

Anyway, I will post some of my favorite songs here frequently. Not only does this give my ever-growing readership (it is implied that the number of readers is growing, not the readers themselves) some listening pleasure, but it gives me a chance to proselytize. If you know me well you know that I am quite arrogant about my taste in music; therefore, I will give everyone who cares to listen tastes of some great music.

Today's selection is off of Edwin McCain's latest CD: Scream and Whisper. The song is called "White Crosses," and although it addresses a pretty politically divisive issue it stays clear of any partisanship. One more piece about Edwin--he's my favorite songwriter. His talent for matching lyrics with instruments in both beat and mood is tough to find these days.

Enjoy!

P.S. To set everyone's minds at ease, let me assure you all that I did go up and down every stair with the beautiful Pregger yesterday--out of shape and everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And the pregger, who doesn't feel so beautiful, appreciates your sacrifice. :) Loves